Preparing for Your Colonoscopy, Upper Endoscopy or Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
Colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, and flexible sigmoidoscopy require specific preparation prior to your procedure. Please refer to the instructions below for details.
Please bring the following with you on the day of your procedure:
- Your insurance card(s).
- Driver’s License or Photo ID.
- All of your current medications.
- Co-pay or deductible, as determined by your insurance company.
- Leave valuables and jewelry at home.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes.
- Plan to arrive at the center one hour prior to the procedure. Expect a stay of about two hours total.
- If you are an adult who is unable to sign the consent, you must have someone with you who is authorized to sign on your behalf.
- Bring the name and phone number of the person (must be 18 years or older with a valid driver’s license) who will be taking you home. You will not be permitted to drive, take a taxi alone or leave the center without an adult chaperone.